By: Brigitte M. Britton, H.N.
Founder-Holistic Nutritionist-Author & Organic Chef
An easier way to stay younger and healthier by combining nutrition and exercise!
Here are some good tips that will assist you in staying younger, burn fat faster and easier and get healthier! Mitochondria is a tiny organelle found in most cells. It converts nutrients into ATP (Adenosine Tri Phosphate), which is what our cells use to create energy. ATP is required for just about every metabolic function in your body. Mitochondria is so to speak, your engine and how well it functions can determine the state of your overall health and longevity. One of the most effective ways to maintain healthy mitochondria is to lower the amount of free radicals mitochondria has to deal with. Hence the power of MEGA WAY Organic Protein Power Meals! They are super high in anti-oxidants which protect the body from free radicals. The best ways to keep free radical production at a low is through nutrition and exercise. With proper nutrition, mitochondria is able to convert fats (and ketones) more efficiently to ATP than carbohydrates, which means fats (and ketones) generate less free radicals as by products than carbohydrates. A healthy functioning mitochondria and immune system can easily handle normal rates of free radical production. Combined with the MEGA Way shake taken daily you can almost insure very little to no free radical damage in your system. One of the easiest ways to help increase mitochondrial production is exercise. When you exercise you deplete energy and stress your body…not to worry, in doing so it signals AMPK (activated monophosphate- protein kinase). AMPK is an enzyme that regulates metabolic energy, so when there’s a demand for more energy…such as your muscles during your work out… AMPK provides your muscles energy by generating more mitochondria. It also activates fat oxidizing (fat burning) metabolic pathways while inhibiting fat synthesizing (fat gaining) metabolic pathways so you can burn more fat cool right! So in summary below are some good tips to help you achieve and hold on to a stronger, healthier you!
- Eat a high nutritional foods rich in quality proteins (organic, grass fed meat, wild Alaskan salmon), healthy fats (omega 3 fats, avocado, coconuts, olive oil), nutrient dense vegetables (kale, spinach, collard greens, and chard) including organic fruits (all kinds of berries).
- Include sulfur rich foods like garlic, shallots and cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, and cabbage) and don’t forget live sprouts!
- Eliminate all processed foods and refined carbohydrates like white enriched breads, rice, oats, pasta especially soy products like tofu.
- Eliminate gluten and most dairy as well as other foods that have high incidences of food intolerance which can cause inflammation.
- Eat Gluten-free grains like Quinoa, wild rice, and buckwheat.
- Exercise, walk move do something… You can do long low-moderately intense activities as well as short, high intensity workouts which provides other benefits like increased fat burning, greater strength and enhanced overall fitness.
In closing, make sure you include MEGA Way Organic Protein Power Meals complemented with Natures Optimal Nutrition Liquid Vitamins if you don’t get enough vitamins and minerals from real foods!